Select from our various styles of wall outlet elbow to meet your special needs.
A wall outlet elbow is a plumbing fitting used to connect a pipe or shower arm to a wall. It is usually a 90 degree elbow shape mounted on the wall, which allows the shower arm or pipe to protrude from the wall at a 90 degree angle. The wall outlet elbow is used as a connection point between the pipe inside the wall and the shower head or other shower assembly mounted on the outside of the wall. The elbow is made of chrome-plated brass or plastic.
It is also known as a shower arm elbow and is used in shower installations to direct the flow of water in a specific direction and angle to the shower head.
Features of the wall elbow:
The outlet elbow is a component of the shower system that connects the water supply pipe to the shower arm. It is usually located behind the wall and its main function is to provide a turn or bend in the pipe to change the direction of the water flow.
Some common features of wall outlet elbows are:
Material: Wall outlet elbow's are made up of materials including brass, chrome plated brass and plastic.
Connection Type: Standard wall outlet elbows typically have 1/2" IPS (iron pipe size) threads on the inlet side for connection to the water supply pipe and 1/2" IPS female threads on the outlet side for connection to the shower arm.
Angle: Outlet elbows are available in a variety of angles such as 90, 45 and 22.5 degrees to provide flexibility in the direction of water flow.
Adjustability: Some wall socket elbows include a swivel ball joint that allows the angle of the elbow to be adjusted.
Compatibility: Some wall socket elbows are designed for specific types of shower arm.
Inlet: The inlet is the distance between the centre of the elbow inlet and the wall, it will vary depending on the shower system and it is important to match it to the existing inlet in the bathroom.
It is important to note that when you are replacing or installing a new wall mounted outlet elbow, please check the pipework behind the wall to ensure compatibility with the existing pipework before purchasing a new elbow.
Industry Knowledge Extension
A wall outlet elbow
is a component of a shower system used to connect the water supply to the shower head. It is usually installed on the wall behind the shower and provides a safe and secure connection between the water supply and the shower head.
What Are The Shapes Of Wall Outlet Elbows?
Wall outlet elbows come in a variety of shapes to suit different shower designs and preferences. Here are some of the most common shapes:
1. Round: Round wall outlet elbows
are the most common shape and are suitable for most shower designs. They usually have smooth curved surfaces and can be installed at different angles to suit different shower positions.
2. Square: Square wall outlet elbows
are a popular choice for modern and contemporary shower designs. They typically have flat, angular surfaces that provide a sleek, minimal look.
3. Hexagonal: The hexagonal wall outlet elbow has six sides and can provide a unique and interesting look to your shower design. They usually have a flat surface with sharp corners and can be installed at different angles.
4. Curved: The curved wall outlet elbow has a unique shape that provides a more organic and fluid look to your shower design. They usually have a curved surface and can be mounted at different angles to accommodate different sprinkler head positions.
Overall, the shape of the wall-mounted elbow plays an important role in the overall design and aesthetic appeal of the shower system. By choosing the right shape for your needs and preferences, you can create a shower system that is as functional as it is beautiful.
The shower arm elbow is a part used to connect the shower arm to the bathroom water supply system. It is usually made of metal, such as brass or stainless steel, and is available in a variety of sizes and styles to suit different shower designs and preferences.
What Are The Features Of The Shower Arm Elbow?
1. Material: The shower arm elbow
is usually made of brass or stainless steel, which is durable and resistant to corrosion and rust.
2. Design: The shower arm elbow has various designs, including 90 degree elbow, 45 degree elbow and adjustable elbow, which can position the shower arm more flexibly.
3. Finishes: Shower arm elbows can be finished in a variety of styles, including polished brass, brushed nickel, and oil-rubbed bronze to match other bathroom fixtures.
4. Installation: Shower arm elbows are easy to install and usually come with the necessary hardware to connect the elbow to the water supply and shower arm.
Shower arm elbows are an important part of any shower system as they provide a safe and secure connection between the shower arm and the water supply.